Update From my Garden

Our corn finally flowered and one has fruit, even the short ones have flowers. I think they are the ones that been place in the wettest part of the garden.


They are Indian corn. I think this one will be purple, because the flowers are purple. I will be happy if I can get one cob for next year seeds.


I found this swallowtail caterpillar eating my parsley. I should have brought it inside the house for our science project but I killed it. I will look for smaller ones to bring in. Hopefully I can find another.


Read More......

Yes! They Accepted Our Offer

My husband and I are in the process of moving into our second house. I can't believe they let us wait that long before taking our offer, whew! However, we are glad they didn't haggle about our offer.

We gave them an offer of cash, with no contingency.  Take the cash and give us the property (in the short way). Our schedule closing is on August 19, 2013. We are hoping our lawyer can make it earlier than that, so that we can start repairing, cleaning and painting the house and make it livable.

Then the real fun begins. We have to fix my inlaws house then put it in the market. Moreover, get our house fix and put it in the market. DH and I love our area and town, but we are now a family of nine, and we do not fit in our four bedroom house. We don't want to move in with his parents because their house is full of junk, MIL is very territorial, plus their property taxes is way too expensive for DH and I. If they both kick the bucket, DH and I cannot afford to live there.

So, yea we got the bigger house and property. More updates will be posted here. Utilizing Our Yard will be moving to a bigger "yard" soon. :D

Read More......

So Far in my Vegetable Garden

7-18-13

 Green bell peppers, the green leaves are gone. Got eaten by deers.


Tomatoes


Snap peas, eaten by deers too.


Eggplant (deers don't like)


More eggplants


More tomatoes


Read More......

Update on the Property

Yup, they waited at the last minute to tell me that the owner was still reviewing the sale agreement. Then at the end of July 17, 2013, no answer whether it is yes or no. Today, I got another e-mail from the broker asking for another deadline extension.

She said, they will sign the sale agreement but they need to asked the higher-up before doing so, and I guess that takes another five days?

Here is what I think. I think they have another buyer offering them more than we did, but for some odd reason they cannot get any answer about financing until July 21, 2013. Then they will know if they can get a pre-qualify for a loan, then the broker will get back to and say yes (if the other buyer cannot get financing) or no (if they are qualify), they are using us as safety net just in case.

I hate them.

Read More......

The Whole Vegetable Garden

I can't wait to get a bigger one. Only three days left to give us an answer to the property below. If they say yes, I will have an acre and a half garden next season. Woohoo!



Read More......

Pears

7-13-13

They are getting big, even if there are worms living in some of my fruit trees they are thriving. I cut a branch off my Elderberry not too long ago and burned those web worm with DH blow torch. I can't get the ones on apple trees because they are too tall for me.


Read More......

Putting an Offer for this Property

Utilizing Our Yard might be moving to this property. The one with a mark on it. It is five acres property. When standing at the road, the left side is cleared for a farm, tall grass there right now. I think it is one acre. The front of the house got a lot of trees (not fruit trees), which I think we will replace with fruit trees later on. The driveway is a shape of a lower case "n." The house have a huge fireplace that haven't use in a long time. It was boarded up, but can easily open and fix. The only thing missing is a garage. However, this is three floor building, so there is plenty of space inside.


DH and I are going to the seller's office again to redo the paper works. I'm hoping I can get an appointment for Monday. It's not possible for DH to do it tomorrow because they are behind on their work schedule already.


The building has been empty since 2011. Septic people mentioned that the septic doesn't do well empty. If fixing it will cost a lot of money, we are backing out from this. And more likely staying here where we are now.

By the way, this property is only ten minutes from us. So, I am crossing my fingers. We want bigger house and property that we can afford, and this is it. I will be putting a lot of pictures as soon as our offer get accepted, and the progress of fixing this getting it ready to move into. And fixing our house now to get it in the market. There will be a lot of work.

Read More......

Whew!

7/2/13

I am falling behind my fruit trees and garden photos. Too much rain is keeping me inside the house. Hopefully I'm able to snap some shots tomorrow before it rain again. You can see the radar map on the right side with scattered thunder storm in my area.

Read More......