6.09.2013

Procrastinate :)

Well, not really. However, I will start with my peppermint growing on a wet paper towel inside a jar. It did not go very well for me. It did not sprout at the same time. As soon as I saw sprout I removed the lid. The paper towel dry very fast and the sprouted ones withered with the dry paper towel. I watered and re-place the lids to let the others sprout and the same happened. I think I need to put the jar in front of my eyes the whole time I am doing this. Yes, all of the seeds are gone and I have no peppermint to show for it. I went to my local farm and bought a two inches high, with a lot of roots peppermint (prostrated).

DH finally agree that I can have part of the front lawn for my herb garden. WHOA! He told me last year that he don't really want garden at the front because he feels somewhat trashy. My answer was, I like to be healthy and grow my own herb to use, I do not care what my neighbors say. I guessed that eventually sunk in and he let me. We covered the grass with black plastic and killed the grass. My herbs are living there for about two weeks now, hmmm..I think. :)


This not actually at the front lawn but the side next to our driveway, the sunniest part morning and afternoon. From what I read, most herb like sunny and well drain soil. I don't know about well drain but it's always sunny and hopefully the sun absorb most of the water. They are thriving, i must say.

Three-fourth of my vegetable garden is planted. I kept trying to sprout seeds inside the house but mostly beans and peas are coming out. I wanted some head start from the weeds the reason I am doing this. However, still no luck. Maybe i am impatient or no green thumb sprouting indoors. Anyway, i decided to use straw to keep the weeds controllable, like you can see at above picture of my tiny herb garden.

I have three types of strawberries in this bunch. I am experimenting to use them as ground cover as well as weed controller. I will see next year if they work.  

No comments: